Saturday, November 8, 2008

A New Campaign

I am asking everyone to come out to at least one person per week. Ideally, I'd like it if everyone came out to one person per day, but that might be a bit ambitious. The point is, though, Come Out! It's much harder to say no to someone when they are looking you in the face.

Spread the word! I want every straight person in our wonderful Golden State to know at least one gay person. Part of the problem is that many straight people don't know that they know someone gay. I know, that for any number of reasons, it is hard or may seem impossible or dangerous to come out, but we have to take that step. They have to know that we are here, that we are part of their community and that we're not going away.

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

Hey this is Josh. Good luck with this interesting new project. I think everyone already knows I'm gay - so I'll skip the obvious and enjoy the experiences of everyone else!